1. What do I collect?
I collect information or personal data provided to me by you (e.g. your name and email address) and information that does not allow me to identify you (e.g. general behaviour patterns of website visitors, page views) to evaluate my website, ensure that my site and services are operating correctly and ensure I am providing an appropriate and accurate service.
of my website and the services I provide. This information is not stored with your personal data and will only be used in an anonymous basis.
2. What is a Cookie?
3. Cookies I use
I use the following cookies:
(1) Analysing Cookies: These anonymously remember the device you use to visit my website. They keep track of your browsing patterns and help me build up a summary of how my readers use my website.
(2) Services Cookies: These help me to make my website as efficient as possible and count the number of pages you view in a session for the purpose of managing the website.
4. How do I gather information?
The information I gather is collected in the following ways:
(1) Indirectly through website cookie technology.
(2) Directly by yourself when contacting me.
5. How do you decide how you want to hear from me?
If you sign up to any future newsletter or receive email marketing from me, please use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of my emails to amend any marketing lists you may be included in.
6. How do I use the information I gather?
I may use your information to:
(1) remember who you are when you visit my website and track your browsing patterns by using cookies;
(2) ensure any of my services you access or receive are correctly managed.
(3) ensure any materials or content on the website are presented in the most effective way for you and your devices (both computer and handheld or mobile);
(4) collect and record numeric internet addresses to further improve the website and observe website usage;
(5) measure and understand user feedback and recognise user hotspots;
7. Accessing and updating your personal information
You can update or change your details by getting in touch with me via the details on the contact page of my website.
You have access rights to any personal information I hold about you. To receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you, please get in touch with me via the details on the contact page of my website.
Managing your browser cookies preferences
Most internet browsers will allow you to change your cookie preferences or turn off cookies. Switching off cookies may affect the usage of the website, change the performance of the website or restrict access to the website altogether. To do this, access the “help” feature of your web browser if it has one.
No data transmission across the Internet can be completely secure, and consequently I cannot guarantee the security of your personal information and/or use of the website. Any personal or non-personal information you send is at your own risk and may be read by others. However once I have received your information I have procedures to protect the security of that information.
9. Disclosing your information
I will never without your permission sell or pass on your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
10. Where I store your personal information
The personal information you provide me with is stored inside the UK.
11. Changes to this Policy
I reserve the right to make changes to this policy at any time. If I do, I will post those changes onto this page or in a link at the footer of my website. Please check regularly to be kept up to date with any changes to this policy.
12. If you don’t feel I'm adhering to this Policy, what should you do?
If you for any reason believe that I am not adhering to this Policy, please notify me via the details on the contact page of my website, and I will try to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. Your data will be treated confidentially and with the utmost care and respect. I shall abide by the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 and ensure that the data is used for no other purposes and is disclosed to no third party. In no event will Mike Shepherd be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of use of this site, any websites linked to this site, or the materials or information contained at any or all such sites, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory and whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages.